Environment and Natural Resource
Kurmuk Gold Mine PLC
ASCOM MINING ETHIOPIA PLC (AME) is established in Ethiopia since November 2008 and has been exploring for gold and base metals in Western Ethiopia, Benishangul Gumuz National Regional State, Asosa Zone, Ethiopia. The company has successfully carried out modern and effective mineral exploration programs at its Asosa concession and has discovered the Dish Mountain Orogenic gold deposit and the Abetselo VMS Au & Cu deposit. AME has also identified a number of peripheral targets that are in close proximity to the Dish Mountain Gold Deposit to be treated as additional resources to a global Dish Mountain Resource.
AME has completed a scoping study, a JORC Compliant Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) and Pre-feasibility studies, all to the highest internationally recognised standards. Currently, AME is working on feasibility study to obtain mining license from Ministry of Mines and Petroleum. It is currently conducting exploration activities in Dul – Ashshire for gold and basemetals.
AME has been using foreign consultants and local professional and support staff to carry out all the exploration and feasibility study. The Company currently has created job opportunity for more than 150 Ethiopians.
Kurmuk Gold Mine PLC would like to invite competent, energetic, and qualified applicants for the following vacancy announcements.
Brief outline of duties:
To evaluate and analyze data related to things such as groundwater, soil, and the mineral and geological components of mining operations or other industrial work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan or conduct geological field studies to collect data on a particular site, such as soil types, rock structure, and groundwater flows.
- Study surface water flow to mitigate erosion; evaluate permeability of soil and rock to determine best sites for building and infrastructure projects
- Monitoring hydrological stations.
- Monitoring climate stations.
- Measuring water level ground water boreholes.
- Evaluate and analyze data related to things such as groundwater, soil, and the mineral and geological components of mining operations or other industrial work.
- Water pump testing and other related geological activities.
Duty station: Asosa, Kurmuk project site
Skills and Qualifications
- MSc in Environmental Science with geology background
- Excellent oral and written English communication and human interaction skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Proven working experience 0-2 years (Junior level)