Business and Administration, Management, Purchasing and Procurement
Frontieri Consult P.L.C
Frontieri Consult P.L.C is a private consulting firm contributing its share to the enhancement of the multifaceted development efforts of the government and its national and international partners. It was founded in 2008 by a group of professionals and their associates with rich experience in university teaching and practical research. Since then, BDS-CDR has been actively engaged in providing professional consultancy services in areas of development to numerous national and international clients.
Thus far, Frontierihas successfully completed over 50 major study and training projects to the satisfaction of its clients. As a result, it has earned the trust of the Ethiopian government ministries, like the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation, the Ministry of Urban Development and Housing, and the Ministry of Federal Affairs, and prominent international organizations, including UNICEF, UNDP, WFP, the World Bank, JICA, among many others.
About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with a branch office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in several areas of development and disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home to talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company has assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. (For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com).
To realize its vision and mission, Frontieri is now aiming to transform itself and increase its global presence. It’s geared to build a more robust business model in East Africa and beyond that cuts across the traditional modus operandi. To this end, the company would like to appoint a Senior Administration and Logistics Officer at Frontieri.
The Senior Administration and Logistics Officer will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of all Frontieri administrative and logistics needs with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential, as is proficiency with MS Office Suite and general computer skills.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Administration and Logistics Officer:
- Ensure all project administrative activities are coordinated effectively;
- Track staff travel and leave plans and records to ensure all staff members are kept informed of team location and availability;
- Schedule and coordinate vehicles and drivers, including field vehicle booking schedules;
- Support the Head of Administration and Logistics, and Finance with timesheets.
- Coordinate workshop/training events as required, including hotel liaison, participant confirmation, invitations, travel arrangements, supplies and materials, equipment hire and providing point of contact support for participants at events;
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for Project activities, including travel arrangements, visas, and field visits;
- Provide administrative support to team members;
- Review Service provider’s contracts and contracts for terms and conditions;
- Format, design and prepare documents for printing and copying, upon final approval of the Team Leader and/or Head of Operations and Finance;
- Keep all reports filed systematically in both electronic and hardcopy formats;
- Supervise Insurance for vehicles, personnel, and property;
- Oversee the proper and accurate facilitation of property management procedures;
Qualification and Experience:
- BA Degree in Business Management, Administration, Procurement/Purchasing, and related social studies.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Advanced Microsoft Word Skills, with a particular focus on formatting functions (e.g., section breaks, table of contents, inserting PDFs, etc.);
- Advanced filing and registration skills;
- English Communication skills
- Quality (accurate, precise, thorough, complete, attention to detail);
- Timeliness (meet deadlines, generally handle duties in an efficient and timely manner);
- Helpfulness / positive attitude / diplomacy;
- Organization (tidy and efficient workspace and electronic files);
- Multi-tasking (prioritizing and juggling various tasks effectively);
- Attendance / punctuality.