Consultancy and Training
HANZ Consulting PLC
Quantitative and Qualitative evaluation will be conducted to assess the role of private health sectors in improving FP services in Ethiopia.
HANZ Consulting is an evaluation – data, analysis, insights and strategy – firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We endeavor to be the most trusted source of insights and strategy through evaluative thinking that informs better decision and actions. We perform evidence generation through multiple approaches and methods to help policy makers, organizations and programs make evidence-based and informed decisions that help achieve intended goals. HANZ provides access to highly qualified experts and consultants with national and international experiences
HANZ Consulting is currently recruiting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded private health sector evaluation project in Ethiopia. The project conducts an evaluation of the role and the potential of the private health sector in Ethiopia to increase access to family planning services.
This evaluation will be conducted to assess the role of private health sectors in improving FP services in Ethiopia.
The main objective of the study is
- To understand the role of private health sectors in provision of the FP services
- To characterize users of FP from Private health sectors
- To explore enabling environment for private health sector engagement
- To assess existing resources and plan for private health sector engagement in improving FP
- To estimate the impact of private health sectors in improving modern contraceptive use, couple-year protections
Methods: We will employ multi-pronged/mixed method design including secondary data analysis, scoping review, primary surveys (e.g., Private health facility assessment (PHFA) and Special Population surveys) using both quantitative and qualitative methods. The detail methodology is described in the method section.
Location: Amhara, Somali, Afar, Oromia, SNNP, Sidama, South-West people region, Addis Ababa, Harar and DireDawa.
Activity schedule for: April to end of May, 2022
For more detail click here: HANZ Data collection work RFP 2.docx
- The agency will carry out fieldwork to a high standard within the agreed timeframe.
- The agency will provide field reports, with a breakdown of interviews completed end of every day work.
- The agency will record all unsuccessful visits in a non-response table, provided by HANZ Consulting plc.
- Throughout fieldwork, the agency will complete the context spreadsheet, provided by HANZ Consulting, with any events, either national or local, such as power cuts, strikes etc. which could have an effect on the fieldwork.
- In the proposal, the agency will provide a detailed timeline for fieldwork, including details on how many teams will be sent into the field, how the process will be overseen and how quality control will be managed.