Accounting and Finance, Management, Travel and Tourism
American Embassy Community Association (AMCOM)
American Embassy Community Association (AMCOM) is a non profit Employees' association with a purpose of providing divers service to American Embassy direct hires and other eligible American association members.
The Cashier/Store Clerk is responsible for the routine duties involved in serving commissary members. She/he is responsible for assisting members at the commissary, accurately recording sales, proper cash handling and providing American standard customer service.
Description of Duties:
- Greeting members in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Providing American standard customer service to all members and guests.
- Providing accurate and up-to-date information regarding membership, merchandise availability, shipments and ordering.
- Entering sales into POS system, collecting payments and issuing receipts accurately and efficiently for all merchandise and services.
- Ensuring that only eligible, current members purchase duty-free items by verifying identity and membership with photo ID and/or membership card.
- Enforcing purchase limits and restrictions on merchandise.
- Process commissary member’s residential ADSL internet troubleshooting, new internet installation, upgrade, down grade and cancellation coordinating with Ethio- telecom staffs.
- Distributing membership cards.
- Collecting, recording and distributing laundry for dry cleaning service.
- Maintaining reservation records for Langano Campground.
- Entering other information (sales orders, purchase orders, receiving vouchers, etc.) into POS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting in pricing, arranging and stocking all merchandise sold in the commissary.
- Keeping commissary sales area neat and orderly.
- Perform cleaning duties of the commissary, commissary storage room or any other area assigned to.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Post of Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Manager
Salary: Gross 6131 USD / Year
- 2-4 years experience in a customer service position in the retail, hospitality or tourism sector is required, including regular interactions with international clients and/or managers.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Western/U.S. customer service standards is preferred.
- Diploma in Accounting, Management, Tourism, Hospitality or related field.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office. Experience with QuickBooks POS software is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and respectfully with local staff and association members.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Amharic.
- Having a valid Driver’s License is preferred.