Communications, PR and Journalism
Population Media Center
Population Media Center is a US-based international nonprofit organization that specializes in developing a research-based multimedia communication strategy for social development. PMC uses entertaining education and mass media to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives. PMC-Ethiopia was established in 2000 and has impacted lives across Ethiopia for nearly two decades.
PMC would like to invite all interested and qualified individuals for the following positions:
Duties and responsibility
- Gather background material pertinent to program content including field recording, conducting interview, and editing of audio material for the program.
- Compose and edit program scripts and arrange other elements inserted within network programming.
- Prepare and reviews program materials period to recording and produce program segments and labels them.
- Make sure that identified issues are adequately addressed in the program.
- Ensure that contents of the programs don’t violate the laws by the country, language, culture, norms and values of the intended audience.
- Ensure that program logs are filed in an organized manner and are kept for some period and future use.
- Ensure that stories are balanced and focus on objectives and project theme.
- Ensure that programs edited and approved are transmitted at the proper date and time and employee shall be responsible for all on air programming.
- Entertains public opinions on aired past programs and accommodate relevant comments in future productions to strengthen the program.
- Keep records of all broadcast programs and log them to maintain an accurate of all transmitted materials.
- Make travels to the regions from time to time for program production and other relevant activities when / as assigned.
- Work closely with a project coordinators and communication expert on planning, program production, and evaluation and related issues.
- Submit a written quarter report to the project coordinator indicating the activities he/she performed during the period (after the last report).
- Acquainting himself/herself with a wide range of issues such as current events, public policies and harmful traditional practices including code of ethics of Journalism.
- Responsible for idea generation and story development.
Required number: 1 (one)
- BA Degree in Journalism, or Language or theatrical art or communication and related discipline.
- More than 5 years of proven work experiences in the production of youth-focused or family focused or other social content related radio programmes and good experience in radio journalism.
- Knowledge, attitude, and practice towards proper WASH behaviors including during emergencies through coordinated SBCC intervention.
- Ability to interact and deal with people.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical and decision making skills.
- Good cimmunication skills; team work; excellenet report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer and software applications.
- Excellent time management skill and meeting deadlines
- Excellent time management skill and meeting deadlines.
- Fluent in Afan Oromo speaking and writing