Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Economics
International Rescue Committee – IRC
The International Rescue Committee is a nonprofit organization that responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
The IRC will put in place high-impact, cost-effective solutions that help people affected by crisis. We'll also use our learning and experience to shape humanitarian policy and practice in ways that improve the lives of more people worldwide. And in all of our work we will focus on breaking down each of the barriers faced by women and girls
• To ensure that cash/voucher assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner.
• To make sure that all administrative and donor compliance steps are undertaken.
• Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including appropriate client compliant handling mechanism; ensure consistent reporting, documentation, and analysis of results to improve program efficiency and quality.
• Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project.
• participate and support the identification and registration of the beneficiaries for this specific CVA project for unaccompanied /separated /adolescents/women, as per criteria agreed with the project team.
• Ensure the confidentiality and the support of targeted households during the cash/voucher assistance, by working with their families, community committee’s local government, and community leaders in supervising how the assistance is used and any other issue that might arise from the project.
• Responsible for delivery of regular cash/voucher transfers and helping ensure the management of any problems (if occurring) during planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the multipurpose cash transfer program.
• Actively participate in relevant field assessments to understand the beneficiaries’ needs, ensuring assessment findings are documented and communicated to all concerned program staff and that all assessments include a specific analysis of the most vulnerable groups such as women; old people, people with disability, unaccompanied/separated adolescents’ needs.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: Together with M&E staff and program officers, implement appropriate M&E systems and tools for cash transfer programming to measure quality programming and evaluate the impact, cost-effectiveness, and relevance of specific activities.
• Assist in the registration of targeted vulnerable HHs, ensuring their data is collected and stored appropriately, safely, and confidentially.
• Develop methods to support communication with beneficiaries and community engagement in the targeted areas.
• Plan and coordinate activities with local authorities, community members, other implementing actors and partners at the woreda level.
• Compile and submit regular project reports and updates program officers and team members.
• Conduct assessment to identify the most vulnerable households in need of assistance using robust targeting methodology.
• Carry out additional duties within reasonableness of his/her level of skills and experience ordered by his/her manager.
• Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of dedication to IRC and our vision, mission, and values to ensure the objectives of your role and the country program are met
• Ensure the effective and efficient use of all IRC resources to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace; and
• Follow the requirements of the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children and their families
As Per organization scale