Social Sciences and Community
GITEC Consult GMBH
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is an international company that offers cross-disciplinary consulting services for development projects..
We’ve been involved in the success of hundreds of development projects since the company’s creation in 1977.
We support our clients in leading complex and challenging development programs from start to finish.
Our teams manage projects comprehensively: their engineering components, their institutional & social frameworks, their macro-economic & micro-economic aspects and their environmental integration.
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a member of GITEC-IGIP Holding, which comprises a permanent network of 15 companies in Africa, Asia, Europe and South America. This allows us to build teams that combine world-recognised expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the circumstances in your region.
We work with people and international and local partners who have a sustained record of providing successful project support in our project regions. Long-term business relationships are key to our success.
Our in-house staff is well-qualified and experienced in helping organizations successfully carry out projects in the fields of:
The expert for Participation & Social Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation shall work under the supervision of the CTA and Deputy CTA.
Project status: Tender
Project title: Strengthening Drought Resilience in Ethiopia (SDR3)
Period of project: Approximately 09/2022 – 08/2026
Duration of Assignment: 24 months
Duty station: The duty station of the expert will be the Afar region
- Postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field such as social sciences or another field directly relevant for participation of rural communities and social assessments;
Sectoral experience social development:
- At least 5 years of practical work experience in this field, with a track record for strong practical experience with participatory methods and social assessments in rural communities;
- Experience for work in rural areas for at least 5 years;
- Experience in the lowlands of Ethiopia would be a plus.
- Experience gained in international organizations, and/or funding agencies;
- Previous experience with work for donor-funded projects in similar positions.
- Proficiency in the English language;
- Proficiency in Afar language would be a strong asset.