Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
Climate Change Cluster / Energy Portfolio
Contract duration: Six Month
Application deadline: 03.11.2023
Duty station: Addis Ababa
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of other international donors.
GIZ is implementing various energy projects in Ethiopia with the aim to support a sustainable supply of energy services. This is also intended to contribute to Ethiopia’s national strategies (National Electrification Plan, Growth & Transformation Plan, Climate Resilient Green Economy). The energy projects under the GIZ Energy Portfolio Ethiopia includes: Energising Development (EnDev); Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings (ESDS); and the German-Ethiopia Energy Cooperation (GEEC). GIZ works in close cooperation with the Ministry of Water and Energy (MoWE) as its main political partner in the implementation of the programme.
- Assist in the preparation of vouchers and make ready for payment.
- Assist in follow-up of long outstanding receivables.
- Assist in the monthly closing of vouchers to be sent to country office finance department.
- Assist the proper labelling and filling of finance, procurement, and logistics files as per the standard formats.
- Assist in Preparation of VAT claim and withholding tax payments.
- Scanning and archiving of all finance and procurement related documents.
- Assist in office facility maintenance and related tasks.
- Assist in follow up of vehicle maintenance and fuel consumption records.
- Closely work with accounting, procurement, and administration specialists to support and to build capacity in managing tasks related to the field of activities.
- Assist in any other finance and administration related tasks as required and assigned.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Management, and other related fields from recognized university.
- The candidate is preferred to be recently graduated.
- Fluency in English, strong interpersonal qualities and communication skills.
- Ability and willing to work in a diverse cultural setting.
- Knowledge in digital technologies, Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) is must and knowledge of office 365 and virtual meeting technologies are preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and under strict deadlines.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
As per GIZ scale