Education Officer –
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Identifying training needs of teachers, cluster supervisors, and education experts and monitoring their day-to-day application of the knowledge and skills gained from training,
- Support parent-teacher associations for their proper management of education in emergency schools.
- Support activities within and between cluster centers.
- Collecting and compiling monthly reports from cluster centers and sharing with the education coordinator,
- Supervises and directly monitors the education programme implementation in line with regional education bureau, NRC country, and global education strategic plans,
- Identifying, processing, and fulfilling education in emergency logistic needs, conducting the distribution of educational materials, and documenting the distribution list as per the reconciliation of deliverables standard.
- Liaison with relevant authorities, communities, and community representatives at the field level.
- Support identification and registration of children for the designated programme and organize their data with a database in a timely manner
- Design community mobilization mechanisms, selection/enrollment of students, and maintain regular attendance of the students.
- Organize and document best practices and share them with the education coordinator
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- A minimum of first degree in education, preferably in educational planning and management, education leadership, Pedagogical science, Educational Psychology, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Benishangul Gumuz and IDP context
- Fluency in English, Amharic, and other local languages
- Experience in general education and EiE context
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change