Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resource
Abeba Gidey Trading House PLC
- Oversee and improve manufacturing operations, establishing and driving production goals and developing organizational structures.
- Overall management and cost control of the farm department.
- Establish the farm’s development and cropping plan.
- Responsible for developing and adhering to all budgets, targets and costing of operations.
- Plan and be responsible for the training, mentoring and monitoring of all farm employees
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm
- Weekly across the board progress reports with ownership
- Regular performance appraisals of all farm employees to ensure standards are upheld
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures, providing resources
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Oversee employee hiring, training, human capital development, and management, providing guidance to leadership teams.
- Manage finances, monitoring budgets, expenses, and product unit costs to drive revenue and margin projections.
- Maximizes the revenue of the company through applying a candid approach by developing and applying marketing and sales program
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; and coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards..
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Professional requirement
- Systematic market survey & interpretation skill
- Ability to design attainable operation plan
- Objective task Measurement, management & reporting skill
- Innovative resource mobilization & utilization skill
- Product specific and market customized communication skill
- Innovative marketing, customer and partners psychology management skill
- Efficient resource management skill
- Contemporary fund plantation & resource utilization skill
- Comprehensive understanding on local business & corresponding trade laws
- Fascinating promotional & collaboration skill of Organizational manpower
- Ability to work under stressful environment
- Inclination to impart positive energy and passion of overcoming challenges
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in agricultural business; agricultural economics; or agricultural science background with management; Bsc degree above 10 years and MA 8 years of related managerial experience preferably in manufacturing companies