Business and Administration, Sales and Marketing, Media and Journalism
Silver Spring Production and Promotion P.L.C
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop innovative ideas for writing business news.
- Conduct research to uncover interesting and significant business news.
- Analyze and collect information through various modes such as personal interviews and news briefings to prepare business news reports.
- Monitor daily business events locally, nationally and internationally and assist others to gather current events.
- Prepare business reports to keep the public informed about daily business happenings.
- Maintain relations with all business news sources on daily basis to develop story ideas and compile appropriate reports.
- Perform research and write international, local and national business news.
- Collaborate with content editor to improve story presentation.
- Coordinate with graphics department to obtain visual elements for each story with appropriate photos or graphics.
- Administer all business news writing to meet deadlines.
- Attend weekly desk meetings and staff meetings to keep abreast of company policies and requirements.
- Maintain knowledge on latest business events and news to obtain news coverage of important and pertinent issues.
- Stay updated with latest business news and events.
- Research business stories and prepare interview questions as required.
- Write business news and business stories in unique and interesting ways to increase viewers.
- Broadcast business news stories.
- Work independently and with business program team or production staff in the newsgathering process of business program.
- Research and analyze material through interview, observation and determine angle or emphasis and write stories accordingly.
- Plan, edit, and write stories and articles to be broadcasted.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Journalism or related field.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Amharic/English language and more.
- Excellent business news judgment.
- Broad knowledge of capital market and business.
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information.
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines.
As per the organization scale