Agriculture, Development and Project Management, Economics
International Development Enterprises(IDE)
iDE is an international non-profit organization which has the mission to create income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households. iDE uses a market-oriented development model that has been developed over more than 30 years by listening and responding to the rural poor (our customers). Our approach is empowering – instead of handouts or subsidies, we focus on providing farmers with access to the technologies, inputs, and support services they need to earn increased productivity and income through effective and sustainable use of their own resources (labor, land and water). Realizing this concept in the context of the Ethiopian rural households requires navigation through an array of obstacles, such as unpredictable rains, soil degradation, poor access to agricultural inputs and technologies.
Established in 2007, iDE Ethiopia has been constantly evolving and expanding its approach to help solve the problems that are keeping rural families in poverty. We are working to achieve iDE's mission through a wide variety of activities and strategies throughout the country and currently we have reached out to over 35,000 smallholder farmers.
Please use the menu buttons above to learn more about the iDE projects underway in Ethiopia and about iDE's impacts on the lives of Ethiopian small-plot farmers.
For a better look at iDE's impact world-wide, please visit www.ideorg.org
International Development Enterprises (iDE) is an international NGO dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households of Ethiopia through various projects implemented in different parts of the country.
Currently iDE is implementing a project known as– “Resilience in Pastoral Areas (RIPA)”, which is aligned to USAID/Ethiopia’s five years Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The project is implemented in the southern, south-western and south-eastern lowlands of Ethiopia by a consortium of three international NGOs: Project Concern International (PCI), GOAL Ethiopia and iDE. A geographic lead of the consortium in South Omo, iDE is responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of diversified and sustainable economic opportunities for people transitioning out of pastoralism (ToPs). RIPA broadly aims to improve resilience that enhances food security and inclusive economic growth in pastoralist regions of Ethiopia. This project is being implemented in Oromia, SNNP and Somali Regional States of Ethiopia. iDE is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced personnel for the position specified hereunder. Hence, interested applicants who meet the specified requirements are invited to apply for the job opportunity.
Required No: 1
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, iDE Country Office with frequent travel to project woredas
- Minimum of MSc Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business management, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development, Project Management, Entrepreneurship and related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in NGO project management, including Human Resource Management, budgeting, report-writing, proposal development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Deeper understanding of the pastoral livelihoods system in Ethiopia.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to smallholder market systems development with an understanding of sustainable private sector and value chain methodologies.
- Excellent leadership skill with particular skills to work as a catalyst and facilitator.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Prior experience in NGO, multilateral or bilateral organizations is of a great advantage.
- Team player and ability to work with people of multicultural and diverse interests.
- Willingness to travel to rural areas and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suites, graphics and statistical software. Excellent command of written and spoken English.
As per the organization’s scale