Consultancy and Training, Research and Development
REACH Ethiopia would like to invite qualified competent and interested applicants for the Study Supervisor short term services
REACH Ethiopia is a non-political, non-religious, non-racial, and non-profit-making development Organization that has been registered by Authority for Civil Society as Ethiopian Residents Charity bearing certificate No. 3020. REACH Ethiopia envisions contributing the development and wellbeing of humanity through innovation and maximizing the utilization of opportunity available for the generation. The major goal of REACH Ethiopia is health service delivery commitment and contributing its part to improve the general health service and wellbeing of the disadvantaged community in move towards the sustainable development goal.
REACH Ethiopia seeks Data collection supervisors who had proven experience of supervision and management of data collection. The overall objective of this assignment is to collect household and health facility level data on TB key affected population knowledge, attitude and practices on TB preventive and control services; and health information system respectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the Principal investigator, the study supervisor will execute the following activities: –
- Coordinate the overall data collection, site selection and data management
- Cross check the validity and meaningfulness of the collected data
- Manage logistics and supplies for the data collection
- Manage the time and effort of the data collection
- In collaboration with data collectors, prepare micro plans for the data collection and effectively manage the movement of data collectors
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to the data collectors
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures and policies when collecting, storing and sharing data
- Make sure that quality data is collected by each data collectors and submitted to the cloud server
- Anticipate unusual situations and make quick and responsible decisions in consultation with the PI In consultation with the PI, provide onsite orientation for the data collectors (if necessary)
- Perform other activities related to the data collection when assigned by DUP
Duration of work: 15 Days April 8-22
Contract Term: Short term contract
Number of Positions: 4 (3 Addis Ababa, 1 Harar and Dire Dawa)
Location: Three of candidates will be stationed on at Addis Ababa and one will be stationed at Harar and Dire Dawa
Required Educational Qualification
- MPH with back ground of health science from recognized university or equivalent.
Work Experience Required
- Two and above years of relevant work experience after graduation and with at least one year experience on research related activities.
- Work experience in TB control program is an asset
- Relevant Experience as supervisor or data collector for clinical research, Survey and surveillance
- Good Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI) skills
- Relevant experience on statistical software at least (SPSS, Epi Info Epi data etc.)
- Aware the existing health system structure particularly on TB prevention and control program
- Good communication and team work experience
As per the scale of the organization