Accounting and Finance, Management
Purpose of the job
- Maintenance of accurate master data for all General ledger postings, periodic and consistent account reconciliations and maintenance of proper fixed asset records with necessary supporting schedules.
- Periodic account reconciliations, standard and recurring journal entries, closing entries, audit assistance, and assistance with financial reporting.
- The administrator as a GL administrator is responsible for maintaining proper Master data and GL Setup, the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of the accounts and related schedules;
- Review posting sources to the General Ledger for completeness and accuracy and adjust accounts as necessary.
- Adapt and Prepare reconciliation templates of general ledger and bank accounts;
- Reconcile accounts receivable, inventory, payables, Fixed assets and other GL accounts on monthly basis;
- Create and post journal entries;
- Financial statement preparation, review and analysis;
- Identify opportunities for improvements in processes, systems and reporting through independent investigation and research.
- Recommend and help implement solution options.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of accounting procedures.
- Insure period end close activities are properly implemented and follow up
- The administrator is also responsible for maintenance of proper fixed asset records, schedules and ensuring existence of physical control over the assets by: specifically;
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets;
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies and estimates related to fixed assets;
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets;
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in the accounting system after obtaining appropriate management authorization;
- Track the compilation of Work in process (WIP) costs into fixed asset accounts, and closeout those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger;
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets per month per both tax and Heineken depreciation policy;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation;
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets;
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets;
- Plan and conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets;
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of;
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management;
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their queries;
- Prepare deferred tax asset/liability schedule related to the difference of depreciation policy per Heineken policy and that of tax; and
- Engage in other related tasks as assigned by line managers.
Department: Reporting and Accounting
Reporting to position: RtR Team Leader
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting and finance or management
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office packages
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience preferably in manufacturing Company