Admin, Secretarial and Clerical, Management
Multichoice Ethiopia PLC
The MultiChoice Group is a broad-based multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security serving rapidly growing base of 13.5 million households. Eminent brands within the group include DSTV, GOTv, SuperSport, M-net, DSTVnow, Showmax and Europe based content security leader Irdeto. Key areas of operations are:
- Storytelling ranging from content creation, production and aggregation including the best global general entertainment, sport and eminent African content library, delivered to customers
- Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services;
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets, and
- Advertising: providing dynamic media solutions; handling commercial airtime, on-air sponsorships, content integration, and online sales across a variety of 130+ channel brands on linear TV, VOD, social media, and digital platforms.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. MultiChoice Group (MCG) has a successful history of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues primarily through subscription model, with a growing contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
- Expand Pay TV, SVOD subscriber base and advertising sales
- Focus on investment and technology
- Maintain a local approach
- Provide quality service
- Attract innovative and motivated employees
In MultiChoice Ethiopia (MCE), manages and markets the DStv and Showmax brands serving to enrich the livesof our customers in Ethiopia by inspiring passion, lifestyle and greatness.
Purpose of this Role
This role will ensure proper operation and maintenance of the Front desk office; and also the perception of clients or visitors who walk in.
- Ensure proper filing of documents and handle with confidentiality.
- Implement customer friendly initiatives that will give clients/visitors a positive long lasting impression about the brand.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Certificate (WAEC, SSCE) with diploma in Office Management/ Secretarial Studies.
- HND/ Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial studies, Management.
- Basic computer skills and quick ability to learn on the job.
- Minimum of 1 year in Customer Service
- Strong Customer service skills with good problem solving ability.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of email, internet, and MS applications especially Word and Excel.
- Office Management
- Customer Service Management
- Relationship Management
- Effective Communication
- Accounting knowledge
- Database Management
- Basic MS Office package knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Governance and Compliance
- Document Control
- Customer Service orientation
- Change Agility
- Organized and self discipline
- Positive attitude
- Dedicated and committed
- High attention to details
- Team work
- Emotional Intelligence
- Honesty and Integrity