Tulu Moye Geothermal (TMGO)
TM Geothermal Operations Plc (TMGO), is wholly owned by TM SAS, a Paris registered company, which in turn is owned by the Shareholders Reykjavik Geothermal Ltd (RG), an Icelandic based Geothermal developing company, and Meridiam, a French based global investor and asset managing company, for the development of a geothermal power project in the area of Tulu Moye in Ethiopia, which has signed a Power Purchase Agreement and Implementation Agreement with EEP and the Government of Ethiopia for the project in December 2017.
Tulu Moye is located approximately 120 km south-east from Addis Ababa, relatively close to major markets for electricity. The intention is to develop a 520 MW geothermal power plant over four phases, with this first phase being a 50 MW Plant. Overall the development program is 7 year 9 months in duration with Phase 2 being for an additional 100 MW, Phase 3 being 100 MW and Phase 4 being 270 MW (the “Project”).
About the Position
TMGO is currently looking for Mechanical Engineer who has experience working with water related projects will be based in Eteya.
- Daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of water wells and water utilities in Tulu Moye.
- Systematic work to increase the operational security of the water supply system and efficiency in the operation of the power plant is of high importance.
- Care and maintenance of machinery, equipment and tools that are part of the water service, as well as various other projects.
- Periodic measurements of water wells.
- To develop, design, build, test, and inspect mechanical devices and systems, such as machines, tools, and engines.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
- Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget
Description: Mechanical Engineer (assistant for the Water Service Team)
Number of Position: 1
Duty Station: Eteya, Arsi Region, Ethiopia
Reporting to: Water Expert
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and market
Vacancy no: VA/011/2022
Qualification and Experience
- Educational Background in Electromechanical Engineering or relevant fields
- Minimum of 7 years working experience,
- Experience in water related projects is advantageous
- Good adaptation ability
- Gen set management is a requirement
- Knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromifa languages is an advantage
- Driving license
- Basic computer work skills
- Strong Health and Safety culture
- Warm personality with and people attitude
- Good communicator and customer service
- Delivering tasks on time
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive