Business and Administration, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain
International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website – Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered.
The Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall management of IMC Ethiopia logistical systems and staff in accordance with IMC policies, procedures, and guidelines. He/she will have responsibility for all matters pertaining to local procurement, contracting, warehouse management, vehicle/fleet management and asset management, distribution support and prepare and send mandatory reports to the country office log team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
•Manage coordination office procurement and logistics activities implemented by project programs and ensure the overall procurement activities, including efficient utilization of resources in accordance with the IMC requirements and procedures.
• Collects and maintains lists of suppliers and current market prices of frequently required for planning purposes.
• Receive Purchase requisition from the projects & programs for further processing, and make sure the PR authorizes ed by the appropriate authority.
• Establish and maintain procurement and logistics systems, ensuring effective program delivery.
• Collects Proforma invoices in a sealed envelope upon receiving purchase requisitions.
• Prepare bid documents according to the detailed specification.
• Expedite purchase orders for timely receipt of goods and services.
• Effects payments for purchased items after proper verification against specifications.
• Hand over purchased items to the storekeeper following the standard procedure.
• Ensures all goods purchased and received are of the right quality and quantity.
• Source and deliver quality goods and services, vendors’ database, prequalification of suppliers, standardized equipment, simplification, and grouping of procurement processes.
* Organizing procurement tracking system and support program and management team up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status submit weekly and monthly report.
* Manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of actions for audit purposes.
* Contribute to weekly and monthly logistics reports to the in-country management team, and Global logistics pursuant with IMC policies and procedures.
* Be flexible and manage your time, accordingly, be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with your role, and level of experience, at short notice.
* Ensures all payment procurement documents ready for payment follow IMC policy
* Maintain PR and PO tracking tools are updated and shared with programs and country office logistics on weekly bases.
* Ensure compliance with the IMC procurement policy
* Follow and notify standing agreements before expiring ahead of time
* Performs similar tasks as assigned by supervisor
· BA degree in Management, Logistics or related field with 2 years or above experience.
· Proficiency of Microsoft Office including MS Word and Excel, as well as email communications and other computer programs.
· Professionalism, Honesty, Integrity.
· Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in procurement and reporting
· Considerable knowledge of the basics in procurement and reporting
· Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled engaged in the day-to-day activities
· Ability to accomplish tasks within a reasonable period
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English.