Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia PLC
Whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams and would like to be part of our team, working in partnership with the government and the sector, towards thepromise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Principal In-house Counsel within the Legal and Risk Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Provide expert legal advice and support in operational and support activities:
- Review, play a key role in negotiating, and drafting agreements and contracts in respect of:
- All commercial and corporate product service business partners.
- procurement/supplier agreements (including alignment with international group and local master agreements);
- advertising and marketing agents.
- sales and distribution – handset suppliers, maintenance and repair facility suppliers.
- Regulatory and External Affairs (press and media, social media, etc.);
- Credit and risk – supplier agreements;
- Customer care r arrangements.
- To compile a weekly report on the achievement of the sections KPI’s.
- To liaise with nominated contract managers within the various user departments to ensure that renewals and expiry dates are properly noted.
- To undertake detailed legal opinions on legal commercial matters that require statutory interpretations.
- To ensure the responsible use of resources that fall within the commercial section.
- Constantly liaise with business areas to ensure legal considerations are taken into account during business decision making processes including New Products & Services Dept and Marketing Dept on launching of new products and services & to provide advice on protection of intellectual property.
- Manage any disputes striving to achieve a negotiated solution wherever possible
- Where litigation becomes unavoidable, instruct external attorneys, manage their input and assist/oversee settlement terms and conditions;
- Keep EHOD: Legal Affairs and CLRO informed/involved on major or complex issues above DOA limits.
- Degree in Law from a reputable university with minimum 2nd class honors
- 5 – 8 years legal experience in commercial and corporate law. Experience in the telecommunications sector and mobile product management knowledge highly desirable.
- Advocate of the high court of Ethiopia of with a minimum of 5 years of practice
- Other post graduate diplomas or certificate courses in legal matters such as arbitration/mediation, IP, negotiation skills