Development and Project Management, Health Care
Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Ethiopia and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children Ethiopia works in 9 regions in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately 2,500 staff. The size of the programme and the amount of human, financial and material resources put into it as well as the requirements of different donors requires substantial amount of quality and efficient human resource. This makes Save the Children an exciting place to work.
Accordingly, Save the Children Ethiopia is looking to hire creative individuals who have the experience and competencies to work; support the development of an organisational culture that reflects dual mandate values; help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with host government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs; ensure Ethiopia Country Office complies with all Save the Children Management Operating Standards and Standard Operating Procedures and that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages the Health and Nutrition project and prepare annual operational plan and budget
· Responsible for overall coordination and support of the MNCHN, SHN and AD programmes
- Ensure that sponsorship-funded MNCHN, SHN and AD core programs reflect the best of common approach to sponsorship funded programming (CASP) and that the program cycle for both CASP modules is fully completed and documented.
- Collaborate with the Sponsorship Regional Manager to prepare all the required documentations including annual operational plan (POP) and Annual Report.
· Responsible for the development of annual Operational Plan (POP) or Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) of the projects.
· Closely monitor and supervise the implementation of program activity as per POP and DIP.
· Help design and implement a coherent MNCHN, SHN and AD program implementation strategy that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to Common Approach to Sponsorship-funded Program (CASP) needs.
· Design innovative and strategic programming and cost effective ways of delivery in line with the objectives of the respective program.
· Coordinate and facilitate program revision, expansion and phase-out processes.
· Ensure that all activities in the respective program are progressed in accordance with sponsorship manual, are completed within time and on budget.
· Ensure that all MNCHN, SHN and AD program related activities are implemented in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan
· Ensure preparation of timely and high quality progress reports, program reports, and donor reports
- Coordinate with Community Mobilization and Communication Coordinator to ensure that Community Mobilization steps are followed at every sponsorship program cycle.
· Organize lesson learned and best practices from previous program implementation and shared and document for effective improvement and advocacy purpose.
· Prepare annual sponsorship Program Operation Plan (POP) based on Summary Implementation Plan (SIP)
- Coordinate sponsorship budget planning for the impact area.
· Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project budget and other resources for intended purpose; follow up on budget utilization and project expenditure as needed.
· Closely work with the FO Finance Team to efficiently monitor and track burn rates, reporting and financial compliance issues
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
· Coaches and mentors, and provides the required support to staff members under his/her supervision;
· Encourages the team demonstrate culture of learning, creativity and innovation for outstanding results for children.
· Conducts annul performance appraisal of staff members under his/her supervision;
· In collaboration with the Sponsorship Senior Management Team (SMT), develop and maintain strategies for the program as well as effective and efficient allocation of the Field Office resources to achieve strategic goals and commitments.
· Liaise with all project partners to maintain smooth communication and networking across all stakeholders
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, nutrition, development studies, or equivalent.
- Recommended a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a corporate or NGO environment managing health and/or nutrition projects. And out of each 2 years in managerial position
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Ethiopian health and or nutrition policy and strategies and programs.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health at sub-national levels
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of managing and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, and of strengthening implementation of financial control processes
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key Sponsorship regulations
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Master’s degree
- Experience on field based projects
- Experience in health and nutrition research and/or uptake
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be Waghimra Sekota for 12 Months with possible extension. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.