Business and Administration, Economics, Sales and Marketing
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia PLC
Whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams and would like to be part of our team, working in partnership with the government and the sector, towards thepromise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Executive Head – Regional Sales, within the Digital Financial services Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
This role Reports to the Managing Executive, MPESA OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT. The role is responsible for the implementation of divisions strategy, growth of the business in assigned region and providing regional leadership to the sales team and business partners within the region.
- Define and delivery of the Mobile money division’s sales and distribution strategy.
- Responsible for delivering annual M-PESA revenue/ Sales target, Agent/Merchant roll-out target and other related KPI targets.
- Ensure delivery of the agent/merchant network rollout in accordance with the business plan and in line with a commercially driven strategy that clearly defines the prioritization criteria across the region.
- Develop and implementation of geographical coverage across the country, Agent/merchant penetration strategy.
- Delivery of superior customer experience across all M-PESA touch points
- Provide Regular Consumer, Channel partners and Merchants insights & feedback to the business
- Ensure continuous trade engagement through well planned and executed consumer education and product awareness program
- Input into the decisions on review of Agent commissions/remuneration
- Team Management and relationship building with partners in assigned region
- Marketing, Sales, Business administration or Economics Degree, or relevant degree with over 6 years’ experience in sales, territory management Qualifications.
- MBA qualification will be an added advantage with high computer literacy
- Sales or distribution strategy experience in fast moving consumer goods is an added advantage