Development and Project Management, Information Technology
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #059/2022
CLM – Climate-Sensitive Innovations for Land Management
GIZ provides technical assistance to the MoA’s flagship programs in Sustainable Land Management since their inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) focuses on the capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
A key activity is supporting the digitalization of agricultural extension, and specifically of the training of extension agents. In this regard, GIZ spearheads the development of suitable apps, content, and hardware/software systems.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
- Maintain and update the program’s rolling operations plan
- Coordinate and lead the development of digital products
- Advise the program on the digital transformation strategies
- Advise or/and develop concept notes on the project digital plan of operations
- Lead and coordinate the project initiatives such as LXD academy, incubation centers.
- Coordinate hackathons and outreach events
- In-sourcing of local and international expertise (individual consultants and firms)
- Manage consultancy contracts: assess, monitor, review and adjust performance, and provide technical feedback on the improvement area.
- Coordinate regular exchange meetings and professional dialogues among the technical team, with partners, and across programs
- Work closely with key stakeholders mainly within GIZ projects to find collaboration on digital activities
- Represent and co-lead the project on the GIZ different digital communities and working groups.
- Quality check of the user interface and design of the digital products,
- Coordinate and facilitate the overall digital team activities; provides direct supervision to technical employees.
- Coordinate project activities with respect to efficiency, effectiveness, quality, deadlines, stakeholder information, monitoring, compliance, standards and policies
- Assess and report work progress to management and constantly improve office operations and procedures
- Identify performance constraints and suggest solutions to the management, Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Ensure regular dissemination of knowledge products and meeting proceedings with partners and other stakeholders
- Represent digitalization team in technical and managerial meetings
- Ensure documentation of operations and filing according to SOP
Undertake any other task as assigned
- BSc in computer engineering, IT or related subject
- Excellent knowledge of English (C2) and Amharic, written and spoken.
- 2 years of professional experience as project coordinator in developing an e-learning product that builds on Instructional Experience Design; from every-day-coordination through service procurement and contract management and information management to project planning, evaluation, and representation
- 3 years of experience in working in agriculture and/or natural resource management in the context of government programs
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Self-starter and self-organizer, ready to achieve high standards of work, as documented through steady professional growth
- Team player with a focus on jointly achieved results
- Excellent time management and good project management skills
- Good knowledge and experience in software development and of software development companies in Ethiopia
- Ability to prioritize work and creatively overcome problems
- Excellent integrity, confidentiality, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and building good working relationships with and within government organizations, development organizations as well as with other public and private institutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills on different hierarchical levels, as well as conflict management skills
- Ability to efficiently use standard IT applications (i.e. MS Office Outlook, mail processes, excel, etc.) and digital media, including modern video conferencing tools
- Excellent knowledge of English and Amharic languages, written and spoken; ability to develop error-free documents.
As per GIZ scale