Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD)
Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH), Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is a child safe organization and all successful applicants will be required to sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. The safety and wellbeing of children and at-risk adults are priorities of MSD. The organization provides a safe environment in all its programs and activities. It has strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in its programmes.
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the following position:
Community Engagement Facilitator (Referral Linkage Coordinator) for the USAID Community HIV Care and Treatment (CHCT)
Under the supervision of the Nurse Supervisor, the Community Engagement Facilitator is responsible to engage community members in planning, implementing and reviewing and identifying new HIV Cases and link to chronic care supports.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Responsibility #1: Targeted Community Based HIV Testing Service
- Provides community based HIV testing services through mobile, index and home based testing approaches;
- Educates on risk avoidance and reduction;
- Conducts condom promotion and distribution and targets demand creation;
- Identifies cases that are going to be referred to community from health facility together with the health facility provider or case manager;
- Facilitates/provides community based care and support for non-stable patients to lesson burden to health facilities and clients;
- Mentors and supervises CRPs to get them acquainted with task below for CRPs;
- Counsels high risk family members for testing and conducts testing in the community based on clients’ preference;
- Conducts assisted partner notification and does community based testing based on clients’ preference.
Job Responsibility #2: Care, Support and Treatment
- Makes symptomatic screening for TB, STI and major depression;
- Conducts nutritional assessment and counseling behavioral interventions to reduce stigma;
- Promotes WASH and malaria prevention;
- Provides education on Family planning.
- Support HIV positive clients for disclosure and increase ART literacy
- Home visit to build treatment adherence
- Support tracking and reengagement of Lost to Follow up cases
- Makes identification and referral for major drug side effects;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Reports to: Nurse Supervisor
Term of Employment: Contract
Staff required: 04 (2 for Humera and 2 for Alamata)
- Diploma (Level 3) in Nursing (Clinical Nurse) or BSC in Nursing related field;
- Training on HIV Counseling and Testing.
- 3 / 5 years of work experience in relevant jobs.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Knowledge of project planning;
- Knowledge of MS project;
- Communication skills;
- Working knowledge and experience in RH;
- Excellent written and verbal English skill.
- Willingness to work under pressure.