Development and Project Management
World Vision Ethiopia
World Vision’s work in Ethiopia contributes to the well-being of vulnerable children in partnership with the church, civil society and the government. Initiatives include education, food security, health, HIV and AIDS, water, sanitation, and hygiene, as well as sponsorship management. All programmes are implemented with the goal of addressing the strategic and basic needs of children while supporting and building the capacity of families and communities.
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE Central Regional Office has an immediate opening for a person who fulfills the following qualifications.
Duration of the contract: 9 month
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, child protection, public health, etc.
- Relevant experience minimum of two years in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management is required Proven experience in designing and implementing child protection and GBV trainings to a variety of stakeholders. Knowledge and experience in application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection.
- List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence. Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
- License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
- List academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
- Direct case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset
- List additional work experience preferred for this position.
- Knowledge and experience on Gender Based Violence programming an asset. Knowledge of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and the local language.
Working Environment / Condition
Include travel & work environment details.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
Field-based in the IDP/ returnee Woredas