Hotel and Hospitality
National Bank of Ethiopia
The National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE) is a central bank of the nation responsible for designing and implementing monetary policy and financial sector development strategies aimed at ensuring macroeconomic stability and sustainable economic growth. The history of NBE dates back to 1943 when the then State Bank of Ethiopia was established and later transformed in to the National Bank of Ethiopia in 1963 when its dual operations of commercial and central banking was separated. Hence, it began to function as a central bank in 1964 fully mandated with central banking operations as per Proclamation no. 206/1963.
The National Bank has been given the powers and duties to license and supervise banks, insurers and other financial institutions; coin, print or cause to be coined, printed and circulated the legal tender currency; act as banker, fiscal agent and financial advisor to the government; exercise such other powers and functions to execute its purposes as central bank customarily perform.
Its headquarters are in the capital city of Addis Ababa. H.E Dr. Yinager Dessie is the current Governor of the Bank. The Bank is active in promoting financial inclusion policy and is a member of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion.
VISION OF THE BANK
To be one of the top ten Central Banks in Africa
MISSION OF THE BANK
Maintain price and exchange rate stability, foster sound financial system and contribute for the rapid and sustainable economic development of Ethiopia.
VALUES OF THE BANK
- Pursuit of excellence and professionalism
- Strong team spirit
- Dynamism and adaptability
- Pursuit of financial discipline
- Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel.
- Direct, prepare or supervise cooking and other food preparation activities on a daily basis
- Coordinate kitchen staff, and assisting them as required.
- Ensure that all food is of excellent quality and served in a timely manner.
- Selects and develops recipes and other items, develops menu, oversees food items, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items.
- Oversee all kitchen operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Food Preparation, 3 years of relevant work experience and CoC Level IV certificate is obligatory OR Level III in Food Preparation, 4 years of relevant work experience and CoC Level III certificate is obligatory
Required Skills and Abilities
- Perfectionism in sanitation and quality control.
- Expert multitasking ability.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulation
- Passion and pride for delighting people with food.